Monday, June 14, 2010

Where has the time gone?

My last post was August 9, 2006 and my question is, "Where has the time gone?". So much has happened in the past four years, my graduating college being just one example, that I am not going to try and recap. Instead I'll pick up my story where I am now. In the fall I will be attending law school at Baylor University and am excited about the opportunities that I have already been given there.

However, that is not where I am now. Right now I am spending the summer in Abilene working ACU Leadership Camps. The past 3 months have been spent training and praying for a summer filled with teaching middle and high school kids about servant leadership and their relationships with God. Last week was our first week of Kadesh (high schoolers) and it was a powerful experience. It is amazing the things you will learn when you take the time to sit down and talk about scripture and life with a high schooler. The theme for Kadesh this year is "Hope" and the kids that I was able to interact with certainly left me feeling hopeful about the future.

You see, we look at the world around us filled with oil spills; war in the Middle East; poverty; sex trafficking; and countless other atrocities and quickly lose hope. Yet in the hearts and minds of these teenagers I found a strength and determination that gives me hope for tomorrow. Take the time to have a conversation and I promise you will too.

"I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints, and his incomparably great power for us who believe."
--Ephesians 1:18-19

No comments: