Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Thanksgiving

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving, probably my favorite holiday of the year. I mean what is there not to like? You have tons of food, you're with your family, you have tons of food, everyone slows down if only for one day to think about what is really important in their lives and to give thanks for that. Oh and did I mention you have tons of food? As I sit here I think about all the ways that God has blessed me in the past few months and if I sat here and wrote them all down I'd still be here tomorrow, so I'm going to just give thanks for a few of them.

First, I must thank God for bringing me back out of the darkness. Many of you may be reading this now and thinking what in the world is wrong with him, or what is he talking about, and that's ok because I'll explain. Over the past year I had started to do things that weren't really very good at all. I was trying to fill a hole within me, I knew that I was longing for something but couldn't figure out what that was. So I began to hang out with the wrong crowd and try some things that I thought would fill that gap. The sad part of the story is that I knew all along what would really fill that hole within me and I just didn't look to him (God that is). However God blessed me with two of his messengers and they brought me back to where I needed to be. So I want to say thank you to Derek and Reid for showing me that light again. I don't think I can thank them enough for showing me God's love each and everyday. So thank you guys.

Second, I want to thank God for bringing me everyone at the Round Rock Church of Christ. They have embraced me as their own and helped me with whatever I need. I love all of you guys and girls in the youth group and hope that we can continue to grow together in Christ's love. Many of you are probably thinking wow, why is he writing this, get off your soap box already lol. Well I'm writing this because I want everyone to know just how amazing these people are that have come into my life recently, and how God has blessed me through them. However most of all I'm writing this to set an example. I know I'm not really worthy of setting much of an example, especially by saying this on the internet where anyone can read it. But I just want to step out there and write down a couple things God has done for me and the ways that he has blessed me. I believe that many times we don't really stop and give praise to God, and thank him for all of the amazing things that he has done for us recently. So as Thanksgiving comes tomorrow stop and thank God for all that he has done for you. Then make it a habit to not just do it on Thanksgiving, but praise God and thank him daily for all that he does for you! God Bless and Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: